Wednesday 6 July 2016

Europe tour and tennis camp

Europe tour is amazing! I'm having so much fun and I've seen so much even though I'm not even half way through yet! It's nothing like I expected but it is so much fun and so great! I'm getting to see things I've only ever seen on the Internet or in books and that's what makes it surreal! The first stop was Paris which took 12 hours in a bus from Milan and made us all sick of each other already! The Eiffel Tower is so big and we got to climb all the way to the top! Although it wasn't what I expected and the view was beautiful, the view OF the Eiffel Tower was more beautiful. After the Tower we went to see the Mona Lisa... That is such a disappointing paining I must say, but still being able to see it is an experience in itself. We've made so many new friends because we all start hating our other friends after a while since we were basically attached at the hip. The organizers are so much fun and always making jokes, but they take there job really seriously.. They have rules and everything and they don't let anything slide, but it's good in a way! Some of the rules are ridiculous because the district before us broke a lot of rules so they tightened things up this year. We have a checkin time at night which is fine, but even at 5pm even my best girl friends aren't allowed to be in the room. We are having fun none the less. The second stop was BELGIUM! A 3 hour drive from Paris and there wasn't much to see there but the chocolate was so good. I tried a piece that was 100% cocoa and it was so bitter but so good :) I would have loved to have tried the beer and a boy actually did and got sent home for it so I'm glad I didn't. The waffles and the chips are the best and as I've told you about European drivers, we actually got hit by a car. It wasn't bad, just a little scratch on the bus! Next we went to Amsterdam and it's crazy busy over there. There was traffic, tourists, and people on bicycles going like 100kph! Their bike riding is just as bad as their car driving skills! No, but everyone was go go go even when there was a person in the road! We spent 2 nights in Amsterdam and in that time we went on a 3 hour bike tour and saw the Anne Frank House. The house was very interesting and taught us all a lot about what it was like to be a minority in WWII. The bike tour was my favorite though cause we got to see a bunch of the landmarks in the city of Amsterdam. At one point we went to the red light and blue light district. It was crazy to think prostitution is legal in some places, but the Amsterdam citizens say it makes night life safer. I've never thought of it that way and I actually never thought of prostitution but I am now ;) Just kidding dad :) Next came Berlin! It's so awesome here with the food and history. I mean, a lot of the history we have today is based on the wrong decisions of others during WWII. It's fun to learn all this stuff that I never learned in Katanning! But all my American or European friends have learned this stuff in school and help me and whoever else isn't fully educated on these subjects. It makes me feel dumb, but after going to the Berlin Wall, Holocaust monuments, and a few other landmarks, we went to a beer based restaurant. (In Italian it's known as a birraria-beereria) It was a blast dancing with random people to some old German music. It honestly felt like I was In a movie, you know, where they all that their pints of beer and dancing and singing; oh it was magical! We had a massive pork hock and crackle that night and it was so good!
Then we packed up again! Things are getting so full I now have to sit on my suit case to close it! Lucky big asses are made for things like this :) We were off to Prague in the Czech Republic and we went for a walk to the new town square as the sun was setting. It was so beautiful and I realized I hadn't seen a proper sunset since I left Australia and it  was phenomenal! We walked around and got back at about 00.00 it was a fabulous thing.
In the morning we went and met our tour guides who took us to the castle and it is seriously one of the most beautiful monuments I have ever seen! We had trollos (turtle necks) for lunch which is like a donut with ice cream and chocolate and omg I ate 2 they are the best! Needless to say, I need to start gyming again! But it's all the experience right- or I'll keep telling myself that. We had to exchange money because Czech has its own currency that's called crowns and so it was interesting to see the exchange rate. We went for a walk to the old town square and saw the amazing astronomical clock. It was so clever, not even I'm that clever! How's that the clock is smarter than I am? It measures absolutely everything 🙈 Lastly we finished the day at the Jewish quarters. It's so sad people call it "Hitler's Graveyard" because that's where over 100,000 Jews are buried and it was so sad. There are bodies buried on bodies; sometimes 12 bodies deep because they didn't allow space for it. It's just so eye opening realizing what people actually went through. And now we are off to Budapest in Hungary :) whoop whoop :) 7hour bus ride and we were all so exhausted so we slept A lot especially me because i find it hard to sleep at the hotels we have stayed at but I can sleep in the bus it's crazy idk why. The currency is different again so more money to exchange in Budapest in Budapest we visited so many places and it turned out to be one of  my favourite cities because of the history we got to see the House of Lords and the crown it was so amazing..
We went from Budapest in Hungary to Bratislava in Slovakia when day turned out well as we had breaky in Hungary to lunch in Slovakia to dinner in Austria it was great fun .. A lot of travel but well worth it in Bratislava we did a city tour for 2 hours and had lunch break. Then we traveled 2 hours to Vienna in Austria and had a massive tray of spare ribs for dinner it was amazing so filling but good. Miss eating food  off the bone. We went for 2 tours in  Vienna and then we got to enjoy the opera that night it was absolutely beautiful .. The weather was extremely hot !! We were all dying a lot .. But the trip was amazing. We then traveled 12 hours back to Milan it was sad I had to say goodbye to some of my closest friends but I know that one day I will see them again. I went straight to bergamo where my tennis camp was and had my host family for the camp pick me up it turned out well. The family I am staying with are amazing they have 5 kids all younger then me and so it was fun. The tennis camp consisted of 2 hours of tennis a day then we either went sight seeing or swimming for 4 hours so it was really relaxed. I think if we had of done Anymore tennis the coach was going to quit !! WE WERE SO SHIT AT TENNIS  but it was good because people came from all over the word to be here it was great fun I met more people :) we all got along especially because there was only 8 of us there :) 3 vota and 5 girls. We went out for sushi went to Milan shopping and so instead of shopping i went to see my friends again before they leave to their home town .. I tried so hard not to cry but I couldn't not these people mean so much to me it was just an emotional time the fact that I may never see all. Of them again is crazy. After Milan we did our last day of tennis and I was so tired and shit at tennis not that I was ever good at it or anything 😂 but it was a relaxed day we then went to a farm that grows corn and ate watermelon by the cold springs it was so much fun the water was so cold we got to ride bikes and have lots of fun :) Saturday we went and had a look at the floating piers it's fun and yeah then we had Monday to do to the gardalamd which was an amusement park and it was full of people we took forever to go on one ride but it was good to experience :) I moved into my new family and I'm not to sure of it my host parents are really strange and I've started to feel uncomfortable in this house but I do want to come back and see my family I do miss them A lot :( and I'm ready to come home but mum says no :( I'll post some pictures later because I don't have proper connection

3 comments:

  1. What a great time you are having! Keep having the experience of a life time!love Aunty Ann xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am aunty and now I'm half way though it is going to get even better. love you xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete