Tuesday 29 March 2016

9 weeks in











So this week has been eventful, sad, happy, a bit of everything really. my host family changed again and its definite this time. I have a host brother (18) and a host sister (21) and the family is hosting just for the experience.( I'm not sure if I told you this already) but I also have a cat.
 Things became really hard this week. I finished school on Wednesday because of the Easter holidays, my iPhone 6 got stolen from my bag which made me quite mad and sad but I bought a shitty little phone to last the year. Its a bummer that people take things but I guess I should have been a bit more careful. My host mum bought me a bag that I can keep close to me so that was sweet from her.
I hope everyone had  a good Easter holiday. I went to Pisa and Florence for Easter with my Host Parents and an exchange friend(Tom) we went to the Leaning tower to have a look it is absolutely amazing its so beautiful and felt so real. we tried to get tickets to go up into the tower but the next appointment was to late because we had to catch the train home. but we did go inside the church that was there and that was amazing to. we didn't know that the Duomo of Pisa and the leaning tower were in the same place so that was a bonus. I bought some pins to put on my jacket and some souvenirs. I really wanted my family to be there with me to experience it with me but unfortunately they couldn't be there but they are always in my heart its the thought that counts. later Saturday evening when we got to where we were staying we walked the 10 minutes it took for us to get to the sea side and it was amazing their sea side is so different it was more pebbles and stones then sand and shells like in Australia it was beautiful. we went there at sun set and it reminded me so much of home being the first sunset I have seen since I got here. its so beautiful. I miss home a lot everything seems to remind me of it.
Florence on Sunday was amazing to we spent 5 and a half hours walking around sightseeing and taking pictures. the weather wasn't supposed to be so great but it turned out all blue sky's and a lovely day. I love Florence it is so beautiful there are so many different things to see so it kept us busy. The Duomo is so big we found it hard to get into a picture. we made our own magnum ice-creams and ate them in front of the Duomo it didn't feel real but the experience is amazing. Florence has so much to offer and I also got more pins and things from Florence which will help as reminders, not that its going to be easy to forget its so great will always remember it. we represented Australia in a lot of the pictures by holding the flag up its an amazing thing once you hold the flag up everyone starts talking about you. We met a couple on the train that had a baby boy  from America and were living in Germany . the boy wanted to steal my bag well more just chew on it and play with the zips. He also likes playing peeka-boo which was so cute. There are so many great memories from this weekend. Also snap chatted my older sister in so she could see it with me it was amazing fun. I'm glad there is so much social media that allows us to talk to who ever we want anywhere in the world.

I don't go back to school until the 4th and switch houses on the 9th of April so need to start packing some clothes up and sorting what to send home. so ill talk to you next week. love you all and hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment